Countryside January/February 2022
Countryside & Small Stock Journal
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Homeschooling Homesteaders
• Barn Quilts: Rekindle Legacies From Past Days
• Running a Homestead-Style Bed and Breakfast
• Plain Values: An Interview With Marlin and Lisa Miller
• Why Are Bees Important?
• Solar Bleaching Beeswax
• Hive Highlight: How to Make a Quilt Box
• Beyond Straw Bale Gardens: The Six-Week Greenhouse
• Why Learn to Graft Fruit Trees?
• Viola Violet: 2022 Herb of the Year
• How to Grow Blueberries in Containers
• Choosing the Best Coop Size for Your Flock
• The Dangers of Heat Lamps
• Flock Files: Fowl Cholera
Animals & Livestock
• EZ Milker Makes Colostrum Retrieval or Mastitis Treatment Easy
• Boer Goats: Beyond the Meat
• From Start to Finish
• Fencing Your Pasture Pigs
• An Introduction to Angora Rabbits
Farm to Fork
• Chicken Soup is Good Medicine
• Homemade Orange Marmalade
• Sourdough from Scratch
• Substitutions in Recipes
• Creative Ways to Cut Your Food Bill
• You Can Use Salt as a Disinfectant
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with Countrysiders like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
Include #iamcountryside for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.