Countryside July/August 2021
Countryside & Small Stock Journal
July/August 2021 • 105/4
CLICK HERE to download your copy of this issue as a pdf.
CLICK HERE to view this issue as a Flip Book.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Homesteading After Retirement (Part 4): Infrastructure for Retirement Ease
• Salvage Your Drought Affected Corn
• Cedar Apple Rust
• The Aging Homesteader
• Urban Foraging
• When to Use an Outyard
• The Invasive Spotted Lanternfly
• Ask the Expert: How Many Days After Requeening Should I See Eggs?
• Ask the Expert: Can I Make Mason Bee Homes Out of Bamboo?
• Ask the Expert: Will Wax Moths Come up Into the Hive From the Screened Bottom Board?
• Much Ado About Mulch
• Parsley: The 2021 Herb of the Year
• Profitable Backyard Vegetable and Meat Production
• How to Take an Accurate Soil Sample
• Know Before They Crow: Picking Out Roosters
• Wound Care for Poultry
• Flock Files: 10 Ways to Prevent Chickens Eating Their Eggs
ANIMALS & LIVESTOCK
• Choosing a Butcher for Your Pasture Pigs
• Accidental Shetland Sheep Farmers
• Miniature Cattle May Be a Good Fit For Your Small Farm
• Goat Notes: Signs of Goat Heat
FARM TO FORK
• Canning Pickled Carrots
• Hummingbird Cake
• How to Pressure Can Summer Greens
• Homemade Exfoliating Soap Recipes
• Hack Your Hypertension Naturally
IN EVERY ISSUE
• I Am Countryside
• Editor’s Letter
• Country Conversation & Feedback
• Capture Your Countryside
• Just for Fun
• Breeders Directory/Classifieds
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with Countrysiders like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
Include #iamcountryside for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.