Countryside March/April 2019
Countryside & Small Stock Journal
March/April 2019 • 103/2
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• How the Freeman Family Constructed Their Own Root Cellar
• How to Build a Lasting Shed Foundation
• How to Build an H-brace
• Baling Hay on the Homestead
ANIMALS & LIVESTOCK
• Silvopasture Explained
• Do You Know the Difference Between Goats and Sheep?
• What Not to Feed Pigs
• The Emotional Gauntlet of Raising Meat Chickens and Other Livestock
• What You Can Learn From the Beehive Entrance
• Garden of Simples
• How to Choose Between Natural Dyes or Acid Dyes
FARM TO FORK
• Secrets to the Best Barbecue Ribs
IN EACH ISSUE
• I am Countryside Photo Essay — Muddy Oak Henhouse
• From Countryside Editor, Ann Tom
• Countryside Conversation & Feedback — January/February 2019
• Question of the Month: What are your favorite memories or traditions you share with your folks?
• Just for Fun
• Breeders Directory/Classifieds
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with Countrysiders like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
Include #iamcountryside for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.